FACULTY OF EDUCATION: B.SC(ED), B.A(ED) & B.ED, FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- B.Sc Education: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Human Kinetics Sports/Physical & Health Education, Health Education, Computer Science Education.
- B.Sc Education: Economics, Political Science, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
- B.A. Education: Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French Language, English Language, Yoruba Language.
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Admission Requirements:
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) O Level Credits or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings with two (2) of the subjects at A Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
- Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O Level or its equivalent.
- Economics Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Physical & Health Education, Political Science Major: At least, a Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics or O Level or its equivalent.
- Health Education Major: A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics.
- Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health plus five (5) O Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- General English at NCE is acceptable for O Level English for all courses except English major.
- Merit in Arithmetic possessed at TC is acceptable as equivalent for O Level Mathematics. Other considerations:
- ICAN (Part II) CIS (Part II) are acceptable for Economics.
- Holders of Certificates issued by recognised Arabic institutions who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfilment of other entry requirements NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, social work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit plus three (3) O Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes which should include English Language is acceptable for: Human Kinetics Sports/PHE, and Health Education.
FIVE (5) YEAR SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMME
The five (5) year Sandwich Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE but also fall short of entry qualification for the four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
Steps To Apply for LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Admission:
Application Form is obtained from Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta, Ogun State. Website: http://www.fce-abeokuta.edu.ng
after the payment of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only as application fee.
For further information, please visit the Centre for Sandwich Degree Programmes of the College.
Closing Date of Application is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance Examination and Interview date shall be communicated accordingly.
Candidates are expected to come along with their writing materials, originals and photocopies of all their credentials on the day of interview.